FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbe Looking to Move Laser Discs to DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WDGoofy
Newbe Looking to Move Laser Discs to DVD
on Aug 12, 2004 at 5:23:39 pm

I have been a hobbyist with digital video but never had any real need before. I am now looking to get more serious and have a goal. I have a fairly deep collection of Laser Discs prior to making the change to DVD. I am not interested in re-purchasing the collection on DVD. I am looking for the best way to transfer the media to DVD for convenience of playing the movies. I have been unsuccessful with using a Dazzle video capture devise and editing with Adobe Premier to copy down to a DVD.

I am looking for help in both equipment and software to accomplish my goals.

Any and all help would be great!

RB

Return to posts index

mpmerch
Re: Newbe Looking to Move Laser Discs to DVD
on Aug 17, 2004 at 9:38:39 am

It's my first time to hear about ADS Pyro products, I read a lot of good reviews about it, maybe you can use this to convert your laser discs to dvd

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Aug 28, 2004 at 9:02:37 pm

I bought a Panasonic DVD video recorder model DMR-E75V. I records DVD's from VHS tapes and vs versa (as long as the tapes are not record protected). You can use line-in and connect a Laser disc or Beta tape, or any other video input. The machine transfers the movie from VHS to DVD in real time, then it goes through a finishing process that last about 2 minutes. It will also record TV directly to DVD.
Your problem may be the recrod protection on the laser disc, if it has one.

Return to posts index

WDGoofy
on Sep 3, 2004 at 6:08:27 pm

THe player that I have is old enough that there is no hardware protection. However, with the laser discs you have to switch sides and in many cases swap discs. So I need to do some editing to make a clean movie prior to formatting it to DVD. The software is not the issue, what I am truely unhappy with is the quality of the picture through the capture hardware I have used to date. I have only used a few products and they are low end and there appears to be a reason why they were cheap. I will invest the money but do not want to invest money in equipment that will not return the investment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]