FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sima SCC-2 and hooking it up properly, please help

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zoltan
Sima SCC-2 and hooking it up properly, please help
on Aug 1, 2004 at 2:26:46 am

I have a rca tv that only has 1 a/v inputs, panasonic dvd recorder, bell expressvu satellite receiver and a toshiba vcr.

and i was wondering would i have any problems with just using rca a/v cables to connect to the sima scc-2? can someone explain to me how to hook this stuff up? thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Sima SCC-2 and hooking it up properly, please
on Aug 5, 2004 at 1:27:33 pm

you can just use RCA cables if you like. S-Video delivers better images, but if the TV only has RCA, you won't be able to see the improvements.

Just remenber that the sognal has to flow - into devices, then out of the same device into another one.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

zoltan
on Aug 7, 2004 at 11:23:11 pm

well thanks for the info, anyway, what I've tried to do is this:

I got everything working: ie. record tv shows from both dvd/vhs,
watch tv, play dvd/vhs,

but when I hook up a s-video from the dvd recorder to the sima input 4 and a rca video/audio cable from the sima output to the dvd recorder, my dvd recorder still says it can't copy the vhs material, I've tried several configurations, but have failed.
If i can't figure this out I would like to trade my sima that i bought less than a month ago for the GoDVD product that you guys carry.

please let me know what else i can do? should I just try and use only rca cables from the dvd and vhs?

Return to posts index

zoltan
on Aug 7, 2004 at 11:24:44 pm

well thanks for the info, anyway, what I've tried to do is this:

I got everything working: ie. record tv shows from both dvd/vhs,
watch tv, play dvd/vhs,

but when I hook up a s-video from the dvd recorder to the sima input 4 and a rca video/audio cable from the sima output to the dvd recorder, my dvd recorder still says it can't copy the vhs material, I've tried several configurations, but have failed.
If i can't figure this out I would like to trade my sima that i bought less than a month ago for the GoDVD product that you guys carry.

please let me know what else i can do? should I just try and use only rca cables from the dvd and vhs?

Return to posts index

zoltan
on Aug 8, 2004 at 1:45:57 am

nevermind I got it working properly, thanks for all the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]