FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to editing, new computer recommendations

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
redrose
New to editing, new computer recommendations
on Jun 29, 2004 at 6:04:14 pm

I am in the market for a new laptop and would like to use it for video editing/recording. We have a fairly new Panasonic video camera(uses small tapes), and I would like to take videos previously shot along with short videos in the future and convert them to DVD's. My wife and I are going to be missionaries and would like to send short DVD's(no more than an hour) showing our work to supporters at home. A digital video cam will not be in the budget for several years, so we'll have to do all our shooting with the tapes and convert to digital. We don't need high-end, professional-looking video, but something that is good quality without breaking the bank.

What components should I make sure to include in the new laptop? What hardware/software will I need for the video editing? Can I use an external DVD burner or would it be better to have an internal drive?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: New to editing, new computer recommendations
on Jul 2, 2004 at 2:19:05 pm

If your laptop has firewire, consider getting the new Liquid Edition MovieBox bundle. That will allow you to input analog & DV video. Liquid Edition is a great software, loaded with features including the ablity to author your DVDs and burn them directly form the timeline. http://www.videoguys.com/edition.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]