FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Editor Purchase - need help!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeffandNada
Video Editor Purchase - need help!
on May 21, 2004 at 11:43:42 pm

I have been trying to put together a video editing capability - mostly for home movies and just for creative fun. To that end, I purchased a new home computer several months ago, with much consideration given to the recommendations in Videoguys articles. I've gotten as far as toying with two rather basic video editors, namely Dell Movie Experience (actually Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator), and Windows Movie Maker. I even purchased a spare camcorder which I am using as a DV deck.

But now it is time to take the plunge and purchase a "real" video editor, and I could use some help! After reading the "getting started" article, and trying out the demos of Adobe Premiere Pro and Vegas, I have been leaning somewhat towards Premiere Pro - preferably the latest 1.5 version if I can get it. But I'm confused about a couple things:

1) For one, the Pyro Pro product seems like a great place to start as it bundles Premiere Pro, Encore DVD, and Audition, all for $500. But how can this be when Adobe sells Premiere Pro ALONE for almost $700? And all three would come to something like $1550? What am I missing here? By the way, my computer already has a 1394 card which was bundled with the Roxio software (or the other way around, I'm not sure). It's probably not the greatest card, but it seemded to work fine with the demos, and I can always upgrade later if I get more serious.

2) Does anyone know if there will be an updated Pyro product which includes the latest version, Premiere Pro 1.5?

3) Why was Vegas not listed among the four recommended editors in the "getting started" article. Is it really not recommended, or has the article just not been updated? Everywhere else Vegas seems to be the prime alternative/contender to Primiere Pro.

Thanks,

Jeff

Return to posts index

bernie
Re: Video Editor Purchase - need help!
on Jul 26, 2004 at 11:52:16 am

good day
have you concidered Pinnacle studio 9? i have it now after downloading 4 different trials to try and found that after spending about 6 hours really getting to know the basic's of the software it really is a fine program and now i added hollywood FX to it.....still learning how to tweak this and that but don't find myself as frustrated as i was with ulead, muvee maker or adobe.......and the videoguys really help out in this area.......take care and good luck
bernie Smile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]