FORUMS: list search recent posts

best system?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
billd2thdr
best system?
on May 13, 2004 at 9:50:19 pm

For a serious amature, what system would you recommend? I have used my win ME/pinnacle studio 8 system with frustrating results. I have a few projects coming up, and it's time for a new system. Apple or Win? If you could start over, what would you buy? I'm not talking dream system - money no object. Maybe $2500 or so.
Thanks,
Bill Greenberg

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: best system?
on May 14, 2004 at 12:19:03 am

First, Win ME has always been frustrating for video editing. Microsoft loaded it up with multimedia features and automatic updates that when combined, made getting a system stable very difficult and almost impossible to keep it stable if you did.

Check out the system we built for about $1,00 in our DIY article http://www.videoguys.com/DIY.html

Then take a look at our Studio to Liquid Edition upgrade $399.95 or Vegas 5 $499.95 or the Pyor Professional w/ Premiere Pro $499.95

You'll find that for about $1,500 you'll have a very good digital video editing solution.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

billd2thdr
on May 14, 2004 at 6:31:00 pm

So, I gather from your recommendations that there's no longer an advantage to an Apple machine in stability or features? I'm excited about having an extra $1000 bucks to spend.
Thanks,
Bill G

Return to posts index

D_
by
on May 14, 2004 at 10:20:25 pm

I have found Windows XP to be extremely stable and great for NLE. The MAC is a great platform and OS X is stable and great for NLE.

But if you only have $2500 to spend, you will get more bang for your buck with a PC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]