FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY systems help

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bigcall
DIY systems help
on May 12, 2004 at 5:21:56 pm

I'm trying to get started doing some transfer of our old home movies etc. to digital. In the process of doing research I realize that I really need to upgrade my current computer (it's an older P2 750 still running Win98). As I have read the articles and reviews both here and elsewhere it occurred to me that the best way to go about this cheaply is to scavenge off my old system where possible and essentially build off a new motherboard and chipset (I have built my last 2 systems myself). My question is where is the best source of parts for doing so? I realize this is probably a difficult question to answer as several vendors are usually involved, however my quick research on some of the places I've used before shows that the various components are running ~10% higher than those listed here (referring to the build your own $1000 system article).

Any suggestions for where to start would be greatly appreciated. Also the last article on building a DIY system is a few months old now - are there any updates to the recommendations?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]