FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Equipment List Needed

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wannamartin
Studio Equipment List Needed
on Apr 19, 2004 at 4:35:41 pm

After creating several projects for some friends, it appears that I have found a niche market to start my own video editing shop in my area. I am generating several interested customer leads from people viewing the products that I have created. I need to have/find a list of basic equipment a professional editing shop should/must have so that I can obtain/replace equipment with what I might need. Since I am new to this arena, I have only gathered enough of the equipment I found to be necessary to do what I do on a low level basis. I want to ramp things up now!

Equipment that I Currently Have:
- PC with Pinnacle Liquid Edition NLE Software, CD/DVD RW/R +/- burner
- PC for scanning services
- SmartScan 3600 Film scanner
- ScanMaker flat bed scanner
- EZ/CD Print 4200 CD/DVD Media Inkjet Printer
- 3 consumer level VHS play/record decks
- MiniDV and VHS rewinding machines
- Panasonic Professional Monitor
- 2 analog/S-Video converter multiple input switches
- 1 analog mutiple input switch

I want to look professional and provide professional results. What might you suggest I need to add/replace to create the professional business shop that I want to achieve? I've seen studios in magazines with racks of equipment necessary to transfer formats, duplicate formats, edit, do both audio and video enhancements, etc. However, I don't know what all those boxes are, and if many are even necessary.

QUESTION:
I am wondering what other equipment I would need to be able to create DVDs and VCDs from VHS, DV, Photos, 35mm slides, and the like? Also, I would like to do audio conversions of things like LPs to CDs for customers.

Thanks.

Jim Haslam
ForeverImaging Multimedia Services
"When That Which Is Loved Become Memories, Memories Become Treasures"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]