FORUMS: list search recent posts

reformating xp

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles
reformating xp
on Apr 16, 2004 at 9:11:22 am

Hi there. I'm trying to reformat my drive. How does one get into the dos interface where I can erase everything and format the drive? I have too much garbage that I want to take away. With win 98 it was easy.just put in the start up disk and it would go into the interface.
Also, how does one go into the BIOS interface?

BTW, I'm using a laptop computer, but it shouldn't make any difference right?

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: reformating xp
on Apr 16, 2004 at 11:46:28 am

If you start your computer with the OS disc in the cd rom drive, what happens? If I remember correctly, if it doesn't offer to re-install XP and opens up as usual, you probably have the system drive selected as the "first boot" drive. Most new motherboards will let you change the cd rom to the first boot. The startup screen should give you the option of re-installing XP on your hard drive. At least, I think that is how I did it a few years ago.

Return to posts index

Charles
on Apr 16, 2004 at 12:57:05 pm

I got it worked out. I had to press f1 at the start of the boot up to access the xp disc in the cd rom. I can now format my drive. But there should still be a way to access the bios any way, right? Or is this feature not really of importance any more? Thanks

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 20, 2004 at 10:04:16 am

Access to the BIOS varies depending on the laptop manufacturer. I have three machines and each has a different procedure.

~D

Return to posts index

D_
by
on May 1, 2004 at 11:14:43 am

Charles, did you find the procedure to enter your BIOS? Would like to know so I can add it to my bag of tricks.

Thanks,

Dylan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]