FORUMS: list search recent posts

ok... how do i do this? (newb question)

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beamerxl
ok... how do i do this? (newb question)
on Apr 11, 2004 at 6:44:43 pm

basically, i want to make a "music video" of sorts, using music i already have on my computer and scenes from movies that i own on DVD. i have a DVD-ROM on my computer to read the DVDs.. so basically, what sort of software do i need to transfer the movie files to my computer, cut the scenes i want, and piece them all back together with music? thank you in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Michael P
Re: ok... how do i do this? (newb question)
on Apr 15, 2004 at 7:28:37 pm

I am not going into deep detail about how to do this, due to my lack of knowledge of how the Digital Millenium Copyright Act might deal with this, but what you would have to rip the DVD onto your hard drive removing CSS or Macrovision encoding (there are others as well, but these 2 combined is the average). Then you would need a program that can convert .vob and .ifo into .avi or another valid format such as .m2v or .mpg or even a divx file (you could easily use Dr. Divx to change DVD to divx). From there, import the files into an Editing program of your choice. From there you could select the scenes you needed and mess with the footage however you liked.

Sorry to be vague, I just do not want to aide you in doing something if it is not considered legal, which I believe using the CSS decryption is now considered in the United States (using backwards engineering to remove it).

Good luck on your project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]