FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some advice

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim0152
Need some advice
on Apr 5, 2004 at 1:18:47 am

Hello forum,
Recently I began to play with converting some VHS tapes of past football games to DVD. In order to do this I purchased the Pinnacle Moviebox USB. Although I do not like the software (Studio 8), I was able to convert a few tapes to DVD. The resulting copy was just ok. When I heard about the Canopus ADVC300, I felt that perhaps I could get some better quality since the signal is supposed to be boosted. I think that I will be able to use the ADVC300 with Studio 8, since Studio 8 will capture from a DV device. However, if there is a better software package that will meet my needs, I'd be interested in it. I have downloaded EDIUS 2.0 for a trial, as well as Premiere, but they seem to be too complicated for what I want to do. Canopus Let's Edit sounds like it might be a good choice for me, but they do not offer a trial download. The one thing I do like about Studio 8 is the ability to easily create a slideshow and add music via SmartSound. Does Let's Edit interface with SmartSound?

The machine I have is just borderline, although I will be upgrading it soon. Currently I am running Windows XP Home on an Intel P4 1.4Ghz with 256MB of RDRAM. I am using a 120GB Western Digital USB drive to hold my video projects. I intend to upgrade to a 2.4 or 2.8 Ghz Pentium machine with 1GB of ram and a SATA drive to hold my video projects.

Does anyone have some experiences with Let's Edit that they can share with me? I don't need to do anything fancy.....I want to convert my VHS tapes to digital, design DVD menus, create slideshows to go to either DVD, SVCD or VHS.

Please.....no flames.....

Thanks,

jim

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Need some advice
on Apr 5, 2004 at 7:24:28 pm

Have look at Ulead's Video Studio 7 and DVD MovieFactory 3. Ulead is a "partner" with SmartSound. DVD Movie Factory 3 lets you add audio, create slideshows and author DVD's.

Return to posts index

Jim0152
Re: Need some advice
on Apr 5, 2004 at 11:58:42 pm

Thank you, KDaves. I'm not familar with either one of those products. I'll check them out.

jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]