FORUMS: list search recent posts

Powerpoint in video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
p701
Powerpoint in video
by
on Mar 25, 2004 at 1:06:26 pm

Does anybody know how I can add a powerpoint presentation to my video. It's a logo created in powerpoint which I want to be shown while the video is running. I'm using Pinnacle 9 and Powerdirector 3 at the moment. Any thought will be welcome.

Return to posts index

Michael P
Re: Powerpoint in video
on Mar 26, 2004 at 7:08:41 am

Without using a special Plug-in, the easiest (non professional ) method you could do is to run your slide show, to the point where the full Logo is displayed (unless you were wanting to display a transitioning/Animated Logo), and hit the Prt Scrn key above the insert Key on your keyboard. Then after you hit Prt Scrn,
go into Either Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or even Paint (if you are like me and cant afford the others right now Wink ) and hold down the Ctrl key and press the "v" key. This will Copy and Paste the Full Screen shot from your Powerpoint slide and allow you to Edit it in a high Resolution (whatever your current Monitor resolution is). I know this may seem stupid and cheap, but sometimes you have to improvise. Wink

Hope this is what you need.

Return to posts index

Michael P
on Mar 26, 2004 at 7:17:39 am

After some quick research, i have found this helpful tutorial http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpoint-to-video.htm . It Describes how to use a program set called Camtastia Studio to convert any powerpoint file into an Animation, from there you can edit/crop/whatever you want in premiere, since your .ppt file will now be a working .avi file! The only problem is that Camtasia costs around 200 bucks (that is for education edition, it costs 300 for Normal). The good news is that there is a 30 day Evaluation Edition that you can check out. Depending on how many times you expect to use this in the future, the 30 Day evaluation should be enough for the Current project you are working on. Check out that link for more info. Good luck.

Return to posts index

p701
by
on Mar 29, 2004 at 7:36:23 am

Thanx NfoRcErx. The Camtastia program is what I need. I want to put a animated logo into a video. It has to be running through out the 60min video. I did try to extract the slides it's made out of but can't get that right. Also tried programs like DVD x Point and DVD x Show. Lots of wasted money! And in South Africa we strugle to get programs to buy off the shelve. You have to download them and speeds are all but fast. And still now luck. Will give this program a try and let you know. Thanx again.....

Return to posts index

p701
by
on Mar 31, 2004 at 8:47:27 am

This program is very nice but not what it thought it would be. Thought you could covert a powerpoint fife directly to avi or mpeg format. It will help me in any way a lot. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael P
on Mar 31, 2004 at 9:30:10 pm

i'm sorry it isnt everything you hoped it would be. I have personally never used it, just stumbled upon it when searching on ways to help you.

Return to posts index

p701
by
on Apr 5, 2004 at 6:38:10 am

After fiddeling with it for a while and sorting out a couple of stuff it's actually a nice program. The video it captures isn't as smooth as the original but beggers can't be choosers! Seems to me I might start using this program often so I'm saving up to buy it. Thank a million!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]