FORUMS: list search recent posts

A graphic card for games and editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles
A graphic card for games and editing
on Feb 21, 2004 at 7:54:20 am

Any recommendations? I am thinking of going for the Redeon 9800 pro 128MB.

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: A graphic card for games and editing
on Feb 21, 2004 at 3:11:54 pm

That's a prettty good card. We give the edge to nVidia based cards at the current ime (Feb '04). They have better OpenGL perfoirmance. Many of todays new NLEs can tap into the graphics card p[ower for additional features and performance.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Charles
on Feb 21, 2004 at 6:35:47 pm

Thanks Gary. Any particular nVidia based cards you had in mind?

Charles King

Still waiting for your reply Gary. :)

Return to posts index

Michael P
on Mar 26, 2004 at 7:26:17 am

I use an Nvidia Geforce fx 5900 (128mb edition non-ultra), and it performs great! I use Adobe Premiere Pro and Set Transition/Effects to Highest Quality mode, and within about 5 hours, i had a great looking DVD Quality Video!

One Reason why they choose the Nvidia Cards over ATI is simply because Nvidia Is a better OpenGL card. ATI is currently working very Hard on becoming the Best DirectX9 cards, and excel in this area (though at this point the two companies are extremely close). Nvidia, on the other hand, has spent more time working on The Current use of Graphics overall. Nvidia Cards Beat ATI in OpenGL benchmarks, and Ati Beat Nvidia in Dx9 Benchmarks.

We really cant recommend anything for you yet, without knowing what type of Games you play, What type of editing software you use, and what price range you are willing to spend. For a card that will perform good enough for Doom 3 and have enough power for Adobe Premiere I would Recommend the Evga Geforce FX 5900 (ultra or non) or any ATI Radeon 9800 pro card. Just make sure to check out http://www.pricewatch.com for the best prices, before you shell out extra money. Wink

Return to posts index

Charles
on Mar 27, 2004 at 10:42:55 pm

Thank you. Finally I got a response. :)

Charles King

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]