FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do we need only Matrox RTX extreme or Pinnacle

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arunava
Why do we need only Matrox RTX extreme or Pinnacle
on Feb 20, 2004 at 10:46:29 pm

I have a Pentium P4 2.4 with hyperthreading , 1GB 400MHZ dual DDR, 80+160 GB hard disk and XP pro with DVD writer etc. However I have 8X agp geForce 128mb fx5200 graphics card. I also have a 50 bucks Dazzle Capture card for DV capture.
I am in the process of buying Adobe premier, after effects etc.

My question is, Do I really need a Mtrox RTX 100 EXTREME card or Pinnacle 'Edition pro' card to do video deiting? Both these card are PCI and are good for Capture. Do they help in editing as well. Since I have an AGP graphics card should not that be better than Matrx and Pinnacle card.

I am confused and wish to know in detail why these card should be better for professional video editing?

Thanks,

Arunabha

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Why do we need only Matrox RTX extreme or Pinn
on Feb 21, 2004 at 2:10:02 am

The X100 gives you realtime video effects and realtime transcoding for DVD. You don't have to render first. I often use the realtime color correction to match video shot from different cameras. Premiere Pro gives you limited realtime preview, but has to render for the final video. The Premiere DVD transcoder (MainConcept) is also not realtime. I also get to see my video previews on both the computer display (in a tiny window) and output to a video monitor simultaneously. There's nothing like being able to actually see how it will look on a TV screen, while editing.

The X100 is a bargain, when you consider the software bundle that comes with it. However, the X100, like most realtime cards, has strict hardware compatibility requirements. For example, it won't work with a Via chipset, as the Via's PCI bus bandwidth is inadequate.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Why do we need only Matrox RTX extreme or Pinn
on Feb 21, 2004 at 3:10:33 pm

The RTX100 and Canopus DV Storm are real-time Premiere accelerators. Not only do they give you both analog & DV in and out, but you get real-time output directly from the timeline. Each prodcut also ads a host of utilities and real-time plug-ins that make your system more powerful with better performance.

Edition is a completely different NLE from Premiere. You would use it INSTEAD of Premeire. The Edition Pro hardware is for Edition only.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]