Hi!

I've got a computer with next configuration:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.0GHZ
RAM: 512MB SDRAM DIMM
GRAF.CARD: GeForce4 MX AGP4x 64MB TV-OUT
SOUND.CARD: Sound Blaster 5.1 Live!
HDD#1: WESTERN DIGITAL ATA-100 UDMA-5 20GB 7200RPM
HDD#2: SEAGATE ATA-100 UDMA-5 120GB 7200RPM

I have connected HDD#1 to Primary Master Device + CD-ROM Slave Device, I have installed all software to this hard disk.
HDD#2+CD-RW are connected to Secondary Devices. I'm going to use it for temporary video files that creates video editor software.
I have Ulead MediaStudio 7.01 Pro for videoediting

I'd like to ask you: What OS {Windows 2000 Pro SP4 or Windows XP Pro SP1) will be the best for video editing purposes and on the what hard disk I have to place PAGE SYSTEM FILE?

Thank you a lot,
Dimitriy.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Please help me install system for DV Edition
on Feb 9, 2004 at 4:06:34 pm

Windows XP offers better video support than Windows 2000. A lot of the newer video packages, like Encore, will only run on XP.

The page system file should be on your boot drive. If you put it on your A/V hard drive, the 120GB Seagate, Windows will interrupt your video streaming on that drive, causing dropped frames.

Return to posts index

Dimas_2004
Re: Please help me install system for DV Edition
on Feb 10, 2004 at 11:15:58 am

Thank you for your answer, I just like to work with Windows 2000 because I think it works faster on my computer than XP, but XP works more stable... In Windows 2000 sound is not so good like in XP, maybe I have not right installed audio setting and Quake3 in Windows 2000 plays so fast that something wrong with graphic, it flicks sometime. So I think I will stay with XP and update my RAM upto 1GB.
Thx, Dimitriy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]