FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit clips created on Consumer DVD Recorder

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cunlig
Edit clips created on Consumer DVD Recorder
on Jan 31, 2004 at 9:15:53 pm

Heresy on this site probably but only interested in transferring old VHS tapes or taping TV programs to keep so am buying a consumer DVD recorder which will meet my needs just fine. I am probably going to get a Panansonic using DVD-RAM or possibly a Philips using DVD+RW
Where the consumer DVD recorder falls down is in adding title text. Using the remote one letter at a time vs a keyboard is definitely a bad feature. Had anyone out there taken video edited on a consumer DVD recorder and then used a PC to edit titles and possibly do some clip editing. At this time don't have a PC DVD burner so can't look at disc in PC.
Apreciate any feedback on this issue
Thanks

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Edit clips created on Consumer DVD Recorder
on Jan 31, 2004 at 11:44:50 pm

MyDVD Deluxe claims to have the ability to edit a DVD+RW disc. I haven't tried it, so I can't say how well it works. You can download an trial version and check it out.

Since they only claim to import DVD+RW, I assume it will only work with DVD+VR formatted discs, which eliminates the Panasonic. What I've read says that you can only do the editing in the deck of a DVD+VR formatted disc, which usually won't play on other DVD players. The Panasonic model with the hard drive may allow you to do more editing before burning the DVD, but I don't have one of those, either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]