FORUMS: list search recent posts

will this help me export

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
will this help me export
on Dec 12, 2003 at 5:52:07 pm

Ok i have just done a project where i am using a pic in pic effect in premiere. Its about an hour long, and is taking like a day to eport. I am using dual 1.73 processors. Would me buying a capture card like the .x10 or .x100 help speed up this process. I am just exporting to mpeg2, so i can put it on dvd

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: will this help me export
on Dec 12, 2003 at 6:30:57 pm

Witht the RTX.100 you would be able to export a timeline with all kinds of complex 3D PIP in real-time. your 1 hour project would take 1 hour to export.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

oosal
on Dec 12, 2003 at 6:36:01 pm

Does the .x10 do the same thing, or do i have to pay 1000 bucks to get that feature?

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 13, 2003 at 12:11:27 am

The X10 will give you realtime PIP. Mainly you lose the realtime transcoding for DVD with the X10.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Dec 13, 2003 at 1:41:19 pm

The RTX.10 does not have the real-time MPEG2 export. That requires the RTX.100 hardware

gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 14, 2003 at 7:07:56 am

That's right. You did say you were authoring DVD's, so you would need the X100 and three hard drives to achieve realtime editing and export for DVD. The Matrox recommendation is:

IDE0 MAS = boot drive
IDE0 SLA = export drive (for your m2v and wav files for the DVD)
IDE1 MAS = video drive (for you captured DV audio and video files)
IDE1 SLA = DVD burner
This is what I use, and it works perfectly. I capture my video to the video drive, do my editing, and then export for DVD to the export drive. When I author the DVD, I write the DVD folder back to the video drive. This way I'm reading from one IDE channel and writing to another. This maximizes the drive throughput.

Most people that try to use drives connected to a PCI card have trouble with dropped frames. That usually includes motherboard RAID chips, which are interfaced through the PCI bus on the motherboard.

The X100 is also very fussy about the motherboard chipset. VIA chipsets do not work at all. Be sure to check Matrox's website for compatibility.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]