FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Video horizontal lines

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gjames
Capture Video horizontal lines
on Dec 30, 2003 at 3:20:13 am

Hi,
I have just bought Vegas 4, to capture and edit DV from my JVC camera.
Problem is when I capture the DV via firewire, I now have video with small horizontal lines appearing on the edges of figures moving and on stationary objects. (I am using PAL).
I had used PowerDirector 1 previously and I didnt have this problem with the captured video. Scince the new software I had reformatted my XP and reinstalled everything. I resorted to PowerDirector and it's doing the same, even with the original captured video (mpeg2). I have looked at the help online with V4 but I cant find where this problem comes from. I capture using PAL standard format.
Any help will be fantastic.
cheers
George

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Capture Video horizontal lines
on Jan 1, 2004 at 3:23:03 am

Sounds like a field order problem. I'm not familiar with Vegas, but look for the field order setting, change it, and do another capture.

Return to posts index

gjames
on Jan 1, 2004 at 9:35:21 pm

Thanks John for the reply. I will give that a go in a fewe days (away on holidays) and reply back how it went. Certainly a concern.
All I have to do now is find the 'field' setting.
Being a dummy, what does the setting control?
cheers
Happy New Year

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jan 2, 2004 at 7:00:41 am

Standard video is interleaved, so each frame is composed of two fields, one with the odd-numbered lines and the other with the even-numbered lines. If you capture them out of order for your source video, you get a severe venetian blind effect.

Return to posts index

gjames
on Jan 19, 2004 at 9:53:14 pm

Yes I looked into that and your other suugestions but it did not make any difference unfortunately.
I resorted to uninstalling all/any graphics programs and cleaqned up the hard drive, defregged and reinstalled everything except the Media Player 9 upgrade. This seemed to have done the trick. No more lines on the edges and the playback quality is excellant.
I suspect it may have been media player that was at fault (read about some probs in PC mags)but I am not sure. I am not game to reinstall it to find out!
Thanks heaps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]