FORUMS: list search recent posts

windows looking for driver for camcorder

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mmsharris
windows looking for driver for camcorder
on Dec 28, 2003 at 5:10:14 am

i am running win98 with all updates i have a adaptec fireconnect4300 firewire card and mgi videowave 4se software. i haven't attempted to download video until today. i just got a jvc GR-D70US dv camcorder and tried to download some christmas footage but i cant. device manager says the firewire card is installed and working properly, but when i turn on my camcorder windows finds new hardware and tries to find a device driver. windows cant find a driver on any of the disks that i got with the camera or the firewire card. when i turn on my camera and go to device manager it says no driver installed for unknown device 1394A02D&10001 as soon as i turn my camera off this unknown device disappears from my device manager. i know its the camera but i dont understand why i need a driver. i know this has nothing to do with it but the camera did come with a usb driver and photo software but nothing else.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: windows looking for driver for camcorder
on Jan 1, 2004 at 3:26:37 am

Win98 wasn't designed for firewire. I'd recommend upgrading to XP for two reasons. First, it was designed with firewire built in and supports the broadest number of firewire devices. Second, it supports NTFS foramtting of your hard drives, which allows the creation of video files larger than 2 GB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]