FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you CAPTURE from CANON GL2?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bjanko
on Dec 7, 2003 at 5:57:30 am

I do not see any jacks for firewire from the camera! My computer has one, but not the camera.

(Win XP; HP wx4100 computer)

Please CC my direct address.

brian@jankonet.com

Thanks,
Brian Janko

Brian Janko
brian@jankonet.com

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: How do you CAPTURE from CANON GL2?
on Dec 7, 2003 at 9:11:23 pm

Your GL2 has a firewire port, but it's a 4-pin type. You'll need a 4-pin to 6-pin firewire cable to connect your GL2 to your computer.

Return to posts index

bjanko
on Dec 8, 2003 at 11:08:20 am

<< Your GL2 has a firewire port, but it's a 4-pin type. You'll need a 4-pin to 6-pin firewire cable to connect your GL2 to your computer. >>

Does anyone out there HAVE a Canon GL2? Unfortunately, threre are no firewire ports that I can see, neither on the camera, or mentioned in the manual. There are no 6-pin firewire ports, and there are no 4-pin firewire ports.

If there is a firewire port, could please specifically point out where it is?

Thanks,

Brian Janko
brian@jankonet.com

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Dec 8, 2003 at 1:04:55 pm

What does your manual have to say about fire wire? I know there are directions for transferring DV to a computer in the manual for my little old ZR40.

Return to posts index

bjanko
on Dec 8, 2003 at 3:58:34 pm

<< What does your manual have to say about fire wire? I know there are directions for transferring DV to a computer in the manual for my little old ZR40 >>

My manual indeed talks about rranferring DV to a computer, but it is talking about using the USB cable to xfer still image from the memory card; says nothing about the tape. When I flip the switch to tape, my computer stops even recognizing that the "device" (i.e., the camera) is connected. (At least when I am set to "Card," rather than "Tape" it knows the camcorder is hooked up.... however, the other apps. Canon's ZOOMBROWSER and Avid do not seem to detect the camera in that mode.) Arggh!

Thanks,

Brian Janko
brian@jankonet.com

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Dec 9, 2003 at 2:54:04 am

There is a video on the Canon USA page for the GL-2 that shows a 4-pin firewire port between the USB port and the analog plugs. There should be a diagram in the manual

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]