FORUMS: list search recent posts

What software to choose

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenr
What software to choose
by
on Nov 20, 2003 at 2:37:57 am

I'm a newbee (of course) and I really don't know what software to choose. I have read about Pinn Wave and then I've read about Matrox RT100 pro. What I want to do is do it right the first time. I want to make dvd's using my high8 camcorder,stills from my scanner and stills from my digital camera. Any input to help me become less confused please. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Bandit
Re: What software to choose
on Dec 1, 2003 at 3:53:24 pm

Cool There are 100's of editing software to pick from. I can only tell you what has worked for me. I started out with Premiere 5.5 but being a newbee myself could not use it. Next was Arcsoft Showbiz and then MovieStar, both were good learning programs yet they are low end products. I currently use Ulead VideoStudio 7 which in my humble opinion is excellent for my current needs. Virtually bug free and user friendly and costs about $100 + or -.Several important things to consider, I started out using a 1.2ghz Athalon processor and rendering time took forever, I have since upgraded to P4 2.8ghz with a 800+ frontside bus and rendering times are fast, very,very fast. If you are not familiar with rendering, trust me, a one hour render can take up to 8 hours or more. Anyway, check your equipment, read all you can on the editing programs you want to use and make sure they are compatable, otherwise you will have problems. If you are interested in my trials and tribulations in video editing reply to this and I will e-mail you direct with any help I can be. Good luck

Diablo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]