FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with and older Avid/SCSI to Firewire Adapt

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Vanlaw
Working with and older Avid/SCSI to Firewire Adapt
on Oct 7, 2003 at 7:31:25 am

I'm trying to find a way to get some ripped DVD material into an Avid 7.2, and what video format is the most compatible, i.e. mpeg-1, mpeg-2 or AVI. The box is a MAC 9500. So, I think it only has SCSI ports, but no USB, nor Firewire. The owner has a SCSI to Firewire adapter, but, I've had my problems using a SCSI to Firewire adapter with certain scanners.

If the adapeter will work with either a Maxtor 80gb Firewire Drive, or 2gb Jazz/Firewire drive, then we're ok. But if not, we're back to square one.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Pete V.

Return to posts index

Pete Vanlaw
Re: Working with and older Avid/SCSI to Firewire A
on Oct 7, 2003 at 8:09:59 pm

I'm going to reply to my own question, but invite any other suggestions. I'm going to try to work around the problem by importing mpeg-2 files (from the ripped DVD)into my Adobe Premiere 6.2. Then export it all back to a mini-dv cassette. Then I can take the mini-dv stright into a Beta-SP machine with prestriped cassettes, and ultimate capture into the Avid. I'll run some tests to see if that works. But if anyone has had some experience with this kind of an arrangement, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Pete V.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]