FORUMS: list search recent posts

need a new system

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
schmo
need a new system
on Oct 5, 2003 at 3:20:31 am

Hello i am brand new to this video stuff but like it i got a pinnacle 7 and capture card and used it a couple times but my old system is very slow i ordered a system 8 upgade which is sopose to be better i think , but i think i nwill need a new pc to run it on i am not sure which processor will work fast enough i am thinking either the p4 3 gig or the amd 3 gig should do with mabe a seperate gr.force 5900 video card an ibm 80 gig 7200 main drive and a seperate 120 gig 7200 drive for stogage from what i reed this seems to be enough it seems when you go faster like the 64 bit amd processor it gets expensive , or would it be wothe the investment in the near feauture , can anyone tell me which processor is more stable for video editing i dont really want to buy one and find out it is not fast enough and have to go back and buy another thank you for any input schmo

Return to posts index

Qman
Re: need a new system
by
on Oct 12, 2003 at 4:26:30 pm

Hi there I don’t know much about pinnacle 7 or 8 but as a video editing goes I would suggest the minimum cpu you would need would be a p4 2GHz or a amd XP 2200 running windows XP with 512meg of ram.
The HD setup you suggested should be sufficient.
As far as which processor is more stable there both pretty much equal AMD just gives you more bang for your buck your stability issues come from your motherboard type chipset and operating system. If you’re going to build your own I would suggest ASUS mobo they’re the most stable MSI is also good. I would hold off on getting a amd 64 bit till the price drops and they get better mobo support.
As for being worth the investment in the near future I would just suggest you set a max price of what you can afford and buy the best you can get with it because you just about have to get a new system every 2 years to keep up with the technology.
The video guys have some very nice hp setup suggestions maybe overkill for what you need but look like a good all in one solution. http://www.videoguys.com/HPconfig.html

Return to posts index

schmo
Re: need a new system
on Oct 12, 2003 at 9:28:36 pm

Thanks for responce i looked at the hp they suggest and think the 4100 would work i also like the 3 year warrenty on it, the pinnacle programs i have are ok since im new but i think it wont be long and i will want more , haha i think we all do that i just want to get a pc for around 2000.00 that will grow with me and thats why i came here to find out from the experts and average users i figure you all know more than me i have been readin the ads and just want to get honest opinions from folks like you thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]