FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to get good AGP card for <$100?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tamarack1965
Is it possible to get good AGP card for <$100?
on Sep 20, 2003 at 6:17:20 pm

I’m putting together a computer to do video editing of home movies and stills to make DVD’s. So far, I’ve got an Aopen i865PE-based mobo, P4 2.4Ghz CPU, 512mb DDR333 and a Plextor DVD+R/RW burner. In the past I’ve used Pinnacle Studio 7 and am planning on getting a low-end capture device – the Video Guy’s Pinnacle Studio Moviebox DV with Studio 8 bundled. (sure, I dream of a RT.X100/Parhelia combo, but then I wake up)
Trouble is, I’m running out of money and will have to settle for a video card that cost $100 or less. I see many AGP cards by lesser-known companies like Jaton, MSI, etc based on the nVidea GeForce chipset with up to 128mb and dual heads (are all cards the say ‘dual heads’ capable of running Premier – in case I can one day afford it?). But would I be better off with a low-end Matrox? What are the critical parameters to look for in the specs? Any help appreciated, Greg

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Is it possible to get good AGP card for <$1
on Sep 24, 2003 at 9:32:16 pm

Hi there
Yes it is possible to get a good video card for under $100. Check out this article: http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/products/story/0,24330,3516647,00.html
Hope it helps.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

tamarack1965
Whew!
on Sep 25, 2003 at 1:25:28 am

Thanks for that link, ciabt. I got impatient and ordered an nVidea GeForce 5200 (by Inno3d) - and that turned out to be the exact chipset Ol' Patrick recommended. Whew! I guess my instincts are in the right place after all. Thanks again, Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]