FORUMS: list search recent posts

processor upgrade ?'s

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
old4at
processor upgrade ?'s
on Sep 16, 2003 at 5:47:20 pm

I have never upgraded a processor before and was wondering if anyone with any experience with this kind of upgrade can clear things up for me.

Basicly will settings and programs just accept the new processor or can the system run into problems. Will I have to reinstall my OS and applications as well?

the upgrade would be from a celleron 400 on a slot1 card to some sort of p2. Belive it or not I am getting fairly good results capturing, although encoding happens slowly with the current setup.

thanks

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: processor upgrade ?'s
on Sep 16, 2003 at 10:06:55 pm

I have built 4 computers so far and not had any problems but I install the operating system freshly and all the programs after the computer is built, as it is a brand new computer. I don't think you will have to re-install your operating system or your programs as long as you motherboard accepts the new processor, (make sure your motherboard is 100% compatible with the upgraded processor before you try it or you could damage the motherboard, processor or more). Your operating system should detect the changes automatically and should not have any trouble with it. The only thing you might need to do, and might be best to do before upgrading is to upgrade your motherboard bios (by going to its website and downloading a patch) witch might have more updates and allow a upgrade to even a faster processor. Good luck, if you have anymore questions or trouble, please feel free to write to me at ciabt@yahoo.com or post more questions here.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]