FORUMS: list search recent posts

No My Computer icon--can't do XP tweaks

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sondra Lowell
No My Computer icon--can't do XP tweaks
on Sep 14, 2003 at 7:04:31 pm

I'm trying to follow the XP tweaks for NLEs and I can't figure out how to get to Virtual Memory, etc. How do get there without a My Computer icon to click on?

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: No My Computer icon--can't do XP tweaks
on Sep 14, 2003 at 7:53:25 pm

Open your Control Panel and select System".

Return to posts index

Sondra Lowell
on Sep 14, 2003 at 9:54:45 pm

Thanks. I started making the suggested changes and then got scared of doing some. Has anybody had trouble with any of the suggestions?

One thing I did halfway was changing the paging file size. I set the minimum at 1024, following Dave Laborde's rule of twice the memory, but I left the maximum at 1536, with all of it on the C drive. Might more than 1024 be needed? Is having all of it on the system drive (which currently has a single partition) OK?

The reason I'm interested in making changes is that Premiere 6 crashes my hour and a half project every few minutes (occasionally, every few hours).

Return to posts index

Sondra Lowell
on Sep 15, 2003 at 7:09:12 pm

Well, Premiere crashed at least as often with the tweaks, so I untweaked my system. Premiere still crashes every few minutes, but XP looks pretty again.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 15, 2003 at 8:33:57 pm

What version of Premiere are you running and are you running a PCI hardware accelrator with it?

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]