FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony VAIO needs help

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andyf
Sony VAIO needs help
on Jul 31, 2003 at 8:08:41 pm

I purchased my sony VAIO about six months ago to be able to edit video at home. It came with analog inputs on front and back, and outputs in back. Software installed included Premiere 6.0 LE and Giga Pocket. I have also installed Premiere 6.5. Unfortunately I have found that the only way to input and output video is through Giga Pocket which requires lots of file conversion and makes any project very time consuming. I want to by-pass Giga Pocket and just use Premiere. I think I need to purchase and install a new capture card. Has anyone else tried doing this? What can I do?

Return to posts index

rique
Re: Sony VAIO needs help
on Aug 4, 2003 at 1:51:23 pm

While my computer was down i moved my DV500 card to my father's sony 1.8gz but no analog ports. It worked okay to get in analog and digital(firewire) video. You really need to upgrade to full Premiene to be of much use. Latter i moved my card back to my computer and bought him the Dazzle creation station from Videoguys, it work great only If you down load the lastest drivers from Dazzle. The DVD Software is pretty good with lots of wizzards. You can make stills and video work together very eazy. I don't know if you will have and comflicts since my father's sony doesn't have analog ports. Certainly if you use i-link(firewire) you can go straight to Premier 6.5 but upgrade to full edition) der

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]