FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixilated Reds?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PCreation
Pixilated Reds?
on Jul 25, 2003 at 1:27:39 pm

Hello, I am just getting started in the ways of Digital Video editing and I am having some technical problems..
My main one is I am not happy with the footage once I have transferred it onto the computer. It looks as if all the reds are really pixilated and are not being encoded properly.

Camera (Cannon XM1)
Cable (IEEE 1394)
Card (Pinnacle Firewire)
Capture Software (Premiere 6)
Operation System (XP Pro)

Is this something to do with the setup I have in Premiere or the DC Codec (someone mentioned to me there where different DC Codec’s that ranged is quality for compressing the DC footage but I don’t seem to be able to find much information on this.

Any Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
PCreation

Return to posts index

spider13
Re: Pixilated Reds?
on Aug 12, 2003 at 11:40:56 pm

Try to eliminate Premire problem by trying to capture DV video via some other means like Win movie maker, Ulead DVD movie factory, Virtual dub (free) and such...

If the problem retains, try changing your video capture card (buy some very cheap generic Firewire controler an try again).

bye!

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: Pixilated Reds?
on Aug 18, 2003 at 3:03:12 am

The codec isn't used to capture DV video. DV video capture is a data copy to your hard drive there are no fundamental changes until you use filters or transitions in an editing program then the codec is used to encode the new piece that covers the area of transition or filter. IF you only make cuts editing the output will be identical to the input and NO codec will be used. IF you are seeing pixelation on your computer monitor its a computer problem NOT a DV editing problem. Never use the PC monitor as a guide connect a DV comcorder to the 1394 port and look at the results on a video monitor connected to the camcorder. You can only really be sure when you have output to a tape in the camcorder and played back this edited tape.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]