FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY DRV-100 5.25" DV drive, Premiere 6.02, W

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stein
SONY DRV-100 5.25" DV drive, Premiere 6.02, W
on Nov 11, 2003 at 8:11:59 pm

I had always wanted one of these and finally bought one on eBay. I am having difficulties getting it to work in my PC System (specs: Biostar M7NCG, W2K SP4, AMD 2600, 1gb DDR Ram, GeForce 4mx integrated video, onboard Firewire, 60gb capture drive).

In Premiere 6.02 It detects the drive, it has DRV-100 presets for device control, and says either 'detected' or 'online' when I check status. I can press REW, stop, FF, REW, stop, etc. but when I press PLAY or RECORD, I lose device control and the drive begins playing (without video or audio reaching Premiere) but I can only stop it by using a paperclip to reset the drive. The procedure can then be repeated with the same results.

I have purchased a new cable to rule out that my old one was defective. I can control/capture with my Sony DCR-TRV39 camera through these onboard firewire ports without problems.

Using my Apple Powerbook 'Pismo' I can control/capture from the Sony DRV-100 drive with regular results in iMovie. The one thing I notice is that the drive goes from "connected" to "disconnected" again and again for about 10 cycles then becomes available to iMovie. Is this the key here? Does this drive require a delay or a special kind of "handshaking" in order to work?

Anyone with DRV-100 experience on the PC? I want this to work and I have seen it work, in fact I was able to capture on the PC once when I clicked the 'check status' button in Premiere device control about thirty times, then went into capture and the drive functioned properly.

I don't think I should have to roll the dice every time I want to use this drive. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]