FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor Resolution after Rendering

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Hart
Poor Resolution after Rendering
on Jul 16, 2003 at 12:53:37 pm

I am completely new into video editing. I thought I had read quite a bit about video editing until I tried my hands on it and have not been able to come up with anything to be proud of. My goal has been to capture video from my Sony DCR-TRV530 unto my computer and produce a VCD for my family to watch on our VDC player.

I have used the following Software &#8211; MGI Vidoewave 4 SE, Arcsoft ShowBiz, Roxio Video Impressions, ULead VideoStudio 4 and my latest Premiere 6.0 to capture via my Adaptec Fireconnect 4300 unto my computer, it plays fine. My problem comes when I render the entire movie. The output video is usually very poor and really fussy on playback at full screen. I have gone ahead to save this output to VCD format and it gets worse. Can someone tell me what I have not done right or what I need to do or what I need to have?

I was advised to frameserve from Premiere to TMPGenc and I did. My results are no better.

I would also like to know what happens during the rendering process. I figure my problem comes from or during this process.

My computer motherboard is a P4 2.4 GHz with Intel D845PEBT2 chipset. VGA is Matrox Marvel G450 e TV. I have two HDDs &#8211; Primary Samsung SP4002H and WD800JB-00CRA1 Secondary drive for video editing. Both spin at 7200 rpm. My memory is PNY Technologies 512Mb DDR. I have a Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-117 and Philips CD D4801 CD-R/WR. My OS is Win XP Pro.

Regards,

Bob Hart

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Poor Resolution after Rendering
on Jul 17, 2003 at 1:33:17 am

VCD's are very poor quality, as their bitrate of 1.15 Mb/sec MPEG1 at 320x240 pixels is just too low.

SVCD's are higher quality at 2.6 Mb/sec max MPEG2 at 480x480, but few DVD players will recognize it, and you won't fit as much on a CD.

If you want a disc that's equivalent quality to your digital video, you need to convert it to a DVD.

Return to posts index

rique
Re: Poor Resolution after Rendering
on Aug 4, 2003 at 2:07:56 pm

No one uses VCD. okay very few. VCD is worse than VHS dispite what you see on the internet sites. use DVD if at all possible. If they view with computer use SVCD or cDVD if DVD is not an option.... the quality is better and the codecs are better. If they view on computer and you have full version of Premiere than you get excellent results with windows media player (large files).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]