FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle capture cards...big difference?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tamarack1965
Pinnacle capture cards...big difference?
on Oct 26, 2003 at 1:53:21 am

I'm trying to decide which Pinnacle capture card to get, the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe or the DV500 DVD. My question is, is there a big difference in the two cards. My needs are simple and I like the Pinnacle software and am not really looking to start learning Premier(which is included in the DV500 package). If the DV500 card assists in the a/d, rendering, etc. and speeds things up, I might spend the extra money (the Studio goes for $200 and the DV500 DVD for around $500). If the only real difference is the software then it's not worth it to me. Does anyone know this? Any advice? Thanks, Greg

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Pinnacle capture cards...big difference?
on Oct 26, 2003 at 2:50:49 pm

Studio Deluxe is a great package for getting started. You'll be able to capture and edit both DV and analog footage. You'll also be able to make DVDs if you have a DVD burner.

The DV500 was a great card, but it's time has come and gone. You can get tons more real-time performance with software like Edition, Vegas or the new Premeire Pro.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]