Please list here opinions of each. Specifics I was wondering, if anyone can answer, are the following: 1. When will Adobe Premiere 7.0 be released? 2. Can Premiere 6.5 support 24p from cameras (I know Avid can) such as the Panasonic AGX-100, if not will 7.0 be able to? 3. Does Adobe Premiere 6.5 offer color correction? If so how is it compared to Avid Xpress' 4. The OHCI firewire card that you need to use with Avid, are they any good? What I mean by this is can they capture the same quality of video and audio that say the Matrox RT. X100 with Premiere can? Someone please enlighten me on this one, I'm quite confused about capture cards vs. what you would use with Avid Xpress? 5. Which NLE offers better audio controls/effects? 6. Does Avid Xpress lack the plugins that Adobe Premiere already offers?
1) I can't tell you anyhting about futrue versions of Premiere
2) The video quality of an OHCI card is exactly the same regardless of the software. the video qaulity of video captured is identical for all our DV prodcuts.
3) The only product that supports the new Pan can w/ 24P today is Vegas4. Xpress Pro will support it when it ships later this summer.
4) Vegas 4 and Avid have the best audio tools. I'll give vegas the edge here.
5) Vegas, RTX100 Xtreme and XDV all have superb color correction tools. Premeire 6.5 on it's own has a very limited tool.
Based on your questions, i think you'll find that Vegas4 is your best match today.
The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts
All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support