FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advise on exporting to mpeg-x, avi, etc.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
morinru2
Advise on exporting to mpeg-x, avi, etc.
on May 13, 2003 at 5:00:10 pm

Ok. Here's one for you who have been playing with Premiere for a while (or any other solution): When going to export or finish my project and save it as a file, is there any way to improve the render speed, i.e. make it faster?

Apart from the obvious increases in ram (have 512MB 800-Rambus - will increase evetually), or even a better system altogether (P4 Xeon in Hyper Threading mode - also will upgrade to two CPUs eventually), what can I do in the software and pc settings? Tried the tweaks from the site - those have helped out a lot across the board on all apps. Have plenty of HD: 200+ GB, in multiple drives and partitions. The machine has built in firewire and USB 2 capability, so I can get the DV data into the machine no problem. A sample 4 minute movie at 50% quality was almost 1GB. That is a lot I know, but the detail was still way better than any of the other formats. Looking for usable detail, while retaining portability through either network or via direct hard copy transfer (CD or DVD). Have over 2 months of DV on MDV tape to transfer for project - outsourcing is not an option since there is a lot of information that cannot be viewed without DOE clearance.

My question then: What's been the best setting for output (i.e. image quality), and which has been the fastest render?

I've played with the system for a while and have started getting the speed bug.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ruben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]