FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need idea's for Windows and Mac slideshow.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
smcleod007
Need idea's for Windows and Mac slideshow.
on May 12, 2003 at 7:48:36 am

Hello to All,

Im looking for idea's on whats the easiest way to make a slideshow and video clip CDR that will play on either a Windows or Apple computer or even a home dvd player. I volunteered to burn photo CD's of the last big overnite field we took for our 3rd grade class to a Pioneer Farm. I have about 250 photos shot from the parents digital cameras which takes up about 350meg of space and a 10 minute video clip of camp songs sung around a campfire at nite with a Sony Digital 8 camcorder taken in Niteshot mode. I thought about using the audio track from the video clip to play while slideshowing the pictures but I would stil like to use some of the video clip without repeating the songs. Also, the photos need to retain there high resolution so they can be printed out which is the primary reason of making the CD's for everyone. I listed my main hardware and software below, which is what I have to work with. All idea's will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Scott.

HARDWARE:
ASUS P4PE Motherboard, Intel P2.4, 1GB PC3200, Win XP
Matrox RTX10
Pioneer 105 DVD-RW
Cendyne 48/24/48 CDRW

SOFTWARE:
Premiere 6.5
Sonic MyDVD
DVDit! PE
Sonicfire Pro
Nero Express

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Need idea's for Windows and Mac slideshow.
on May 12, 2003 at 12:01:19 pm

Have a look at Ulead's DVD PictureShow at this link

http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

I have never used it and don't know how well it works, but you can download a trial copy and see for yourself.

BTW, there is a Mac version.

For both video and photo slideshows have a look at Ulead's DVD MovieFactory 2.

Return to posts index

smcleod007
Re: Need idea's for Windows and Mac slideshow.
on May 14, 2003 at 7:14:14 pm

Thanks for the info about Ulead DVD PictureShow. Unfortunately the Trial version only allows you to use up to 10 photos per Slideshow and I have a little over 250 photos to incorporate. The FULL Version allows unlimited photos, but it also costs another $50.00 dollars, which I would like to avoid since I’m doing this project as a favor.

This led me to do a quick comparison of Slide show software that I will post below.

Slide show software Comparison--- Max Photos per Slideshow

Ulead DVD PictureShow
Full version---------Unlimited images.
SE version-----------Up to 36 images.
SE Basic version----Up to 36 images.
Trial version--------Up to 10 images.

Roxio PhotoSuite(Retail)---- Up to 250 images.

Software on my computer that says it will make photo slide shows for use on other computers:

MyDVD-------------Up to 99 images.
Nero Software------ Up to 99 images.
MGI PhotoSuite ---- Local use only. Requires PhotoSuite to view.
QuickTime software-----------Slideshows are movie format only.
Windows Movie Maker 2-------Unknown at this time. Microsoft Tech. Support is researching this and will email me in a day or two. Even though it says that it will make photo slide shows, it actually converts your photos to a, .WMV or .AVI movie format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]