FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Device Disappeared

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
svensvensson
Capture Device Disappeared
on Apr 15, 2003 at 11:20:04 pm

I have been capturing video on my XP system on a daily basis for a year now. I’ve used Premiere 6.0 and Pinnacle Studio 8 and other software. My sources have been Sony and JVC camcorders. I’ve never had a problem. All of a sudden on Sunday afternoon, after taking a coffee break (and not shutting down the computer), my system wouldn’t recognise the cameras anymore. My device manager tells me everything is working. I’ve read all the forums on the web about this kind of thing and I have tried everything suggested, quick restore, device manager uninstall-reinstall, switching PCI slots and even a new capture card. I’ve tried everything ever written in any forum on this planet. I’ve even downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0a, but why? The system worked perfectly before, why not now? Pinnacle’s AM capture tells me I’ve have no capture hardware installed, Windows Movie Maker gives me the option of capturing audio only, Premiere tells me it can’t initialize my camcorder, etc. I’m no computer buff and what confuses me is that device manager tells me everything, including the IEEE 1394 host controller (with the old and new card) is working okay. I haven’t seen daylight for three days trying to solve this problem. I have a potentially important new client waiting for a demo reel on Friday and I don’t know what to do apart from beg , borrowing or stealing three grand for a new system. Any immediate help would be much appreciated. Desperate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]