FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording TV to DVD ... has to be an easier way...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roytucker
Recording TV to DVD ... has to be an easier way...
on Mar 13, 2003 at 2:18:25 am

I have my Tivo hooked up to my studio av/dv capture card. I can capture a pre-recorded TV show from the Tivo thru the av/dv card fine using studio 8. However, it tskes forever (8 to 1) ratio at least to render.

I am not editing this recording, basically all I want to do is record a tv show on a dvd. It should not take 8 hours to record.

Other software I have (neo, ulead, sonic) all burn much faster, however the av/dv capture card is not compatible with these software packages.

So, if I capture with the av/dv and studio, it is in .avi and slooooooow in rendeing. If I use other software, they are not compatible with the pinnacle av/dv card.

There has to be an easier way to record a tv show onto a dvd ?

Solutions are appreciated.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Recording TV to DVD ... has to be an easier wa
on Mar 13, 2003 at 4:39:04 am

Hi there
You could try just exporting the audio to the format (should take only about a minute and that should fix your problem if I understand correctly. Good luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 13, 2003 at 12:57:30 pm

Do you mean you cannot import the DV avi into the Ulead products after capturing with Studio?

Return to posts index

roytucker
on Mar 13, 2003 at 2:28:24 pm

Yes, I can capture using studio then burn dvd from ulead, sonic, or neo... however i was looking for one solution ?

What about the pctv deluxe .... is that compatible with ulead, sonic, or neo ?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 13, 2003 at 5:45:42 pm

PCTV Deluxe should be compatible with Ulead software, but you probably will still need to use Pinnacle's capture utility to do the capture. That is just the way things work. I know that the Snazzi USB 2 Mpeg capture device can be edited in Video Studio, but not captured.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]