FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macrovision

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dotmycom
Macrovision
on Mar 4, 2003 at 12:26:33 am

I am trying to copy some old vhs tapes to dvd, but a macrovision screen pops up and stops the record process on my stand alone dvd burner and my sony 8mm digital cam. Is there a software I can purchase that will allow me to burn on computer?

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Macrovision
on Mar 12, 2003 at 5:53:52 am

Hi there
I have a Matrox RTX100 and it allows me to copy vhs and dvd's onto my computer without macrovision interfering and stoping the capture. Another way I have heard that works is to get a video amplifier and plug the vhs out to the amplifier in and the amplifier out to the dvd burner in and its supposed to cancel out the macrovision and let you copy whatever you want. (this is the cheaper solution by far, I have not tested it out myself though, but have heard that it does in fact work. You must make sure it is an amplifier and not a distribution amplifier (just passes the signal to more devices at once rather than amplifying it). Good luck, hope this helps.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

JimBask
Re: Macrovision
on Mar 19, 2003 at 6:52:35 pm

Do you have a Sony computer? Some of their multimedia machines have "inhibitor" chips that will detect the copyguard and flash the error message regardless of what software you try. You may want to check out some of the threads at http://www.dvdrhelp.com for more info...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]