FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD VCDs

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ruysguy
DVD VCDs
on Feb 28, 2003 at 12:58:11 am

I have a new dvd burner but i can't use it to burn dvds from divx files. They're just to large for the standard 4.7 gig dvd-r. I realize i can make a vcd disc on a few cd-r's, but I would like to know if anyone knows how to burn VCDs on a dvd-r so i can get some use our of my dvd burner. Thanks.

Return to posts index

murphy_david
Re: DVD VCDs
on Feb 28, 2003 at 9:47:36 am

Sorry to reply without any help to you but I wonder if you can answer a question for me. How do you go about recording your files onto a few CD-rs. I have been trying to do this but have not found a satisfactory method yet and as you seem to be well ahead of me on the tech front I thought you might know of a cool way to do it.

David.

Return to posts index

ruysguy
on Mar 1, 2003 at 6:32:04 am

Sorry too, David. I am still quite new at burning dvds. Here's what I've gathered so far: the best burning software you can get for anything is Nero. (you can get it from kazaa) You can burn things easily using Nero Express, a slimmed down, easy way to burn add on to Nero. You can make VCDs (video cds) that can store about 400 megabytes of video on one disk. I'm not sure which to recomend, but there are many avi splitting programs out on kazaa. Use one of those programs to split your downloaded movie and burn it onto two discs. Burn each half using VCD format. Good luck, I hope some of this helps you.

P.S. If you get lost, there are many helpful software programs and text walkthroughs available on kazaa. kazaa is good.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Mar 2, 2003 at 6:16:47 pm

the best place to read up on all of this is http://www.vcdhelp.com. They can tell you how to do anything.

- Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]