FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why so slow?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lkuba
Why so slow?
on Feb 7, 2003 at 4:18:00 pm

I have a Dell 2.4GHz cpu with a gig of ram... I used the Dazzle Hollywood Bridge and Firewire setup to capture a 40-minute analog video from a VCR.

After dumping it from Premier and into MyDVD - and subsequently out to a DVD disk, it went into the “Transcoding Video File” mode - - where it’s been for the past 18 hours!

What exactly is this slowness contributed to? Is it computer hardware, or lack of it? If I went to the RT.X100 card, would I notice a substantial increase in performance?

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Why so slow?
on Feb 7, 2003 at 5:18:39 pm

Hi there
I'm not too sure what the problem is, but it should not take that long at all, not even close. I would try downloading a trial version of DVDit or another authoring software and try that. Also what format are you encoding to and bringing into MyDVD? It could be that MyDVD is trying to encode it into a different format before burning. Good luck hope you'll be burning faster soon!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Daniel Rodriguez
Re: Why so slow?
on May 14, 2003 at 3:14:07 am

Typically if the movie file you're attempting to burn hasn't been encoded "properly" to the mpeg-2 format that MyDVD wants to use, it will re-encode it into it's preferred format before burning.

Been there brother - look into Ulead DVD workshop - very easy and quick encoding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]