FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC or MAC?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mimi
PC or MAC?
by
on Feb 1, 2003 at 4:59:09 pm

I'm VERY new to this whole video editing thing, but am eager to learn. I'm contemplating buying a new computer that will be dedicated exclusively to this. I presently own a PC, which I can easily get help for when I'm stuck (resident computer expert in the house). However, I'm wondering if a MAC would be the way to go since I hear it's configured for easy movie making capabilities. I want to convert some old analog video into movies, and I have also heard that Pinnacle software might be the way to go. So ... what do you suggest? A new Dell? A new MAC? Pinnacle software, too? (Or does the MAC have software built into it already?)

Like I said, I'm new to all of this. Forgive me for being so uninformed, and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Return to posts index

digitaldot
Re: PC or MAC?
on Feb 2, 2003 at 4:44:51 pm

Mimi....
this is not the ans you are looking for. but just want to tell you that I could have posted the exact same question. Perhaps we can compare some notes here. or if you want I will be glad to give you my email address so we could correspond....if you are interested.

I just spent 2hrs in an apple store looking at the imac and the power mac...both very nice. The salesperson was very convincing, and after convincing myself that the Dell 8250 was for me, I was very confused. Gary here emailed me and explained that the Mac is good for this venture {dig video editing)...but also more expensive and I found that to be true. And after being a pc user for so many yrs, it is hard for me to give up all the software etc. But (and I own 2 , 4yr old Dells; which have serviced me well)this xp conflict that I can't explain to you....has me a little concerned regarding the Dell. I just want to buy a system that will allow me convert the analog onto dvd and I don't want to tear my hair out in the process.
So perhaps we could compare our findings and as I always say 2heads or more
are better than one.
Thanks and good luck.....my email: roxyby@aol.com
digitaldot

I will also check out the answers you get here.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: PC or MAC?
on Feb 2, 2003 at 10:36:52 pm

Just how involved in editing do you want to get? With either a Mac or PC you will have to add some kind of a analog-to-digital encoding device and the ones for a Mac (other than the professional-level PCI cards) that I know of also work with PC's.

Return to posts index

Dakinesoul
Re: PC or MAC? HAHAHAH
on Jul 21, 2003 at 11:08:23 pm

Oh man, PC! ALL THE WAY! Our school, Central valley in Spokane washington was just TOTALLY REBUILT! With everything new, EVERYTHING! Even the computers, my video editing teacher is a Fruit for Macs, HE LOVES THEM... When I first stepped into his room, I ALMOST FAINTED! I HATE MACS I told myself.. But I thought about it, and decided to try them out, I heard they were ok, and my teach reinformed us MANY MANY times that these are the FASTEST Macs you can buy. We were all Stoked to be the first to try these Speed demons. Well, We tried them, and all of my friends(about 8 in that class) have good computers and are all into video editing) and myself HATED THEM!!! THEY ARE THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN THIS WORLD! THey are slow, AND THEY JUST SUCKED! No way on earth would I ever buy one. I have been in video editing 1 2 and 3 at my school for all 3 tri's and I must say... WOW THEY SUCK... It took forever to make a video, NOT ONE PERSON IN ANY OF THOSE 3 CLASSES FOUND MACS 1/4 AS GOOD AS PCs... I am just going on and on and on, But they suck... PC all the way... PC PC PC PC PC... Get a mac and you will regret it... TRUST ME!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]