FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why This? In Over My Head

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Daves
Why This? In Over My Head
on Jan 24, 2003 at 1:43:10 pm

Can anyone tell me why a 2.53GHZ P4 with PC1066 RAM would be unstable but would be stable when I change the BIOS to make it run as a 1.9GHZ processor with PC800 settings?

The only clue I have is that the integrated Promise RAID controller is listed as a problem device (code 10) when I enable it in the BIOS. The computer is unstable at 2.53GHZ whether or not I enable the RAID controller and whether or not I install XP SP1.

I have done several complete re-installs of Windows XP and several repairs with no success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device driver with no luck.

At the 2.53GHZ setting it crashes at various points rendering out a 71-minute DV file to Mpeg 2 in Video Studio 6 (I get a blue screen that Microsoft's online crash analysis says was caused by an unknown device driver), but at the 1.9GHZ setting it finishes the rendering every time. I tried a 44-minute Mpeg 2-to-Mpeg 2 file and the 2.53GHZ crashed almost every time. The times it didn't crash the new file was produced in less than 20 minutes.

Ken Daves

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]