FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV in = DV out. I can't see it! Can you help?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Videogirl
DV in = DV out. I can't see it! Can you help?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 2:46:02 pm

Hi guys,
I'm using Sony TRV16 mini DV to record. When I capture it (no frames lost) by Pinnacle Studio 7, then edit and make a MPEG2 DVD movie it looks much worse than it does directly from camcorder.

Could you please advice me where should I look for a solution? I'm setting "Full DV 720*575 quality" for capturing and "DVD compatible MPGEG2" for making the movie.

I used two kinds of cards: Pinnacle DV200 and Texas Instruments IEEE 1394 and results are the same.

Thanks in advance
Videogirl

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: DV in = DV out. I can't see it! Can you help?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 3:03:22 pm

DV in = DV out
DV in does not always equal DVD out
The software is encoding the DV video satream into MPEG2. This is where the loss is occuring. The higher the MPEG2 data rate, the higher the video quality will be. SOme encoders have bettter quality then others. Tmpeg is a shareware program that does a great job. you can download it from our free software page.

Gary
Videoguys.com

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Videogirl
Re: DV in = DV out. I can't see it! Can you help?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 3:52:31 pm

Thank you, it explains me a lot. I have two further questions:

1) How can I edit the captured video first? In Studio I had it divided into scenes, which I edited before making a movie. Can I utilize this scene selection and convert to MPEG2 by Tmpeg then?

2) Does quality of capturing software has any importance or it's only a matter of compression algoritms?

Thanks
Videogirl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]