FORUMS: list search recent posts

Three monitors with Matrox G550

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles
Three monitors with Matrox G550
on Jan 21, 2003 at 11:22:16 am

Was wondering if I connect two monitors, using a split cable on one connector and a third monitor on the second connector of the G550 card, will give me three monitor operations? Or will the connector which has two monitors connectd using the split cable behave has one monitor or individual monitors? I hope I wasn't too confusing.

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: Three monitors with Matrox G550
on Jan 21, 2003 at 3:29:12 pm

I've been using the G550 since last April. Though it is an excellent card for two monitors (I am using two 19"), it isn't made to support a third.

From the Matrox web-site:

Configurations
VGA monitor/analog flat panel + VGA monitor/analog flat panel
VGA monitor/analog flat panel + TV
Digital flat panel + VGA monitor/analog flat panel
Digital flat panel + TV

It comes with on board regular VGA, 15 pin D-connector and a connector for flat digital displays (as in LCD, not "flat screen" CRTs. :) ) It is shipped with two adapters. One you plug in to the digial output connector and this gives you two standard 15 pin outputs. The other adapter, a "Y" adapter, you can plug into the digital output and it gives you a choice of connecting to either a composite or S-Video input on some monitor (TV). I don't know if you connect both of those outputs to two different devices at the same time and have a computer monitor on the one output and two TV's (or whatever) on the other output. But even if you can, the two on the one "Y" adapter will display the same info.

Hope this helps some...

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

Charles
Re: Three monitors with Matrox G550
on Jan 21, 2003 at 3:58:06 pm

Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated. Okay here is another scenario:If I get another card, a pci Card that is, preferably a Creative 3DBlaster GeForce4 MX420 64MB SDRAM, TV-Out.
This will support my third monitor, which is a VGA analogue monitor so I games as well. Probably there is another pci card than the one I mention that better supports games.

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]