FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
renvid
audio
on Jan 19, 2003 at 11:36:44 pm

Hi all, new to these boards and need some fast info. I would like to know what the thoughts are the the Azden wlx-pro system. How well do they work? I am doing my first wedding video this weekend coming and was going to rent mics but the price on this system seems pretty good. Anyone?

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: audio
on Jan 20, 2003 at 6:31:46 pm

Hi Renvid.
I've been using that system for several years. It works well for me as long as there is a fairly clear line of site and not too much more than about 70-80 feet. It actually has worked in not so direct line of site too though. (i.e. I've had a pastor leave his lav on while going to his office and it picked him up pretty good too.) I like the two lav's/one receiver concept. It works well for me. I would like to get a better (UHF) wireless system someday so I'd have greater range. Besides the two lav's I have, I also have a hand held WM/T Pro and I am amazed at the audio quality for a such a low end unit. (for vocals that is.... haven't tried it with music) It seems to have a real good range. (+100 feet)
When I did a wedding in my analog days (pre-April 2002), I ran three cameras back to a Videonics MX-1 and recorded on a Hi8, Sony EV-S7000 doing a live mix. I put the wireless receiver on the camera up front, closest to the bride and groom (20-40 feet) and captured the audio on a tape in that camera.
Hope this helps..
AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]