FORUMS: list search recent posts

where should i store my preview files in premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
where should i store my preview files in premiere?
on Jan 18, 2003 at 6:34:45 pm

Ok i am a little confused on where to save what. As i said before i have 2 80 gig hard drives. one is my system drive, is this where i should save preview files audio and video when running premiere? And should i save my project files on my secondary hard drive. Anyone have any tips for using premiere.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: where should i store my preview files in premi
on Jan 18, 2003 at 7:01:28 pm

Keep all your video files on your dedicated video drive, which should be configured on IDE2. That way Windows accessing the system drive won't conflict with video capture and editing.

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: where should i store my preview files in premi
on Jan 19, 2003 at 8:46:16 pm

I have just replied to your other post too. My recommendations would be as follows. 7200rpm boot drive of about 20G ( can't get one smaller anymore) on IDE1, CD as slave, your two 80G drives on IDE2. FOr any project put captured clips on one of the 80G drives and direct Premiere to use the other for Preview/Temp files. You want to avoid the interuptions of the OS accessing the drive which is why you should not use the boot drive for any video( original clips or preview files) and since partitioning doesn't help this as the harddrive heads are still the same you should not partition. THis is why I suggested you buy another drive for you boot drive as it is a waste to use an 80G drive for your boot drive since whether you partition or not you should not use this drive for any of your video files.
A better solution would be to get an IDE controller card for the two 80G drives and keep the IDE 2 free for a DVD burner. THis is how I have my system set up.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]