FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this setup appropriate for video editing?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
Is this setup appropriate for video editing?
on Jan 15, 2003 at 5:33:54 am

hey everyone, i just order a Asus p4s8x motherboard with p4 2.53 and 512 ddr 2700 ram. I have 2 80 gig maxtors (the ones with the 8 mb cache on em) i am just gonna be running the normal ieee card that comes with the asus board until i can upgrade to a realtime card, but i was wondering is this gonna be a good solution for me to run premiere and after effects. I am also gonna eventually upgrade to about a 1.5 gig in ram, i would think this is gonna be blazing fast, am i correct, or have i missed anything.

thanks,
techworldmedia@nc.rr.com

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Is this setup appropriate for video editing?
on Jan 18, 2003 at 5:49:37 am

Hi there
Sounds like a nice setup to me! Just remember to put your hard drives on seperate IDE channels and you'll have a blazin fast computer. Good luck with your system!
Later
Brent
P.S. I don't know what windows your using but I'd reccommend Win 2000 Pro or Win XP Pro.

Oh ya one last thing, 1 thing that I have found useful is to get a removable hard drive for your AV drive, this way if you need to take it someplace you can easily transfer mass amounts of files (As long as they have a removable hard drive too) This has come in handy so much, I definatley recommend it to everyone. Also a plus to this is if you have multiple large projects on the go at once you can have a hard drive with each projects files on it and then just pop in the drive that you need to work on. This expands the amount of drives you can use in your computer. I didn't think I'd really need one untill I filled my 200 gigs of AV drive up the first few weeks now I'm glad I have it (It don't take long to fill 200 gigs)

Return to posts index

oosal
Re: Is this setup appropriate for video editing?
on Jan 18, 2003 at 6:37:59 pm

Thanks for the info, i am running xp pro by the way. When using premiere where do i save all my preview files and audio preview files? Same hard drive and my project files, on the secondary harddrive?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]