FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADS A/V Link Problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve W
ADS A/V Link Problems
on Sep 23, 2003 at 8:39:17 am

I have to say I'm becoming quite frustrated over this problem.
I have sent over 8 emails and 2 faxes to both VideoGuys.com and ADS with not one reply. A poor result from someone in the past has been quite good.

In short, the unit is not working correctly, and I feel it could be a driver problem. I'm using WinXP SP1.
We sort of got it working on Win2k (not real good, but sort of), by changing the default driver and by telling it that it was a device it wasn't.
WinXP unfortunately hasn't that sort of control. So that's why we figured it's a driver problem.

Anyway, any help would be great, particularly from the place of purchase, VideoGuys.com.

Steve ...

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: ADS A/V Link Problems
on Sep 24, 2003 at 1:32:24 pm

Sorry - I don't have any of your emails or faxes. we've been hit pretty hard be bouncebacks from these pesky worms, and we've had to apply some strong email filters to manage the bombardment.

please call tech support and we'll try to figure out what is wrong. we have had excellent results with the AV link.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Sep 25, 2003 at 10:00:30 am

Thanks, OK I will call.
But I have since found out the problem. The A/V link Rev B has major problems in PAL mode. ADS has confirmed this to me, and a fix is quite some time off.

Steve W

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 25, 2003 at 1:10:01 pm

Sorry to hear about that. While we do offer our products that support PAL for export, our only hands on experience is in NTSC.

Gary

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

chrisat4
on Sep 26, 2003 at 6:37:33 pm

HI!
I purchased an AV link some months back. I had to return it to the dealer after consulting ADS TECH support who claimed it was faulty.
The problem was that it kept on dropping frames when capturing
video from analog PAL sources.
Did you have the same problem? I am supposed to get the new pc. in a few days. I hope this one works.
JUDE!

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Sep 30, 2003 at 11:24:01 pm

Hi,
According to ADS, REV B units have a problem with PAL. They work fine in NTSC mode. The problem is, the fix is some time off yet.

Suggest you change to another brand if you intend using PAL.

Steve W

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Sep 30, 2003 at 11:42:21 pm

OK, I did call and spoke to a fence post called John.
I was given a RA number to return the unit.

I mentioned I wanted to exchange the device to an Canopus ADVC-100 and pay the difference. He said that would be OK but we would be up for the freight.
I feel this is grosely unfair to expect to pay for another over-priced freight cost for a faulty product that's not of our doing.
If we did this, the freight cost would be greater than the device and would be better off simply cutting our losses now and binning it then purchase again elsewhere.

Guys, we purchase from you because of your previous good history with us. Your customer support has been "spot on". But we feel somewhat let down on this one.

Steve W.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Oct 1, 2003 at 1:00:34 am

I'm sorry about these issues. Unfortunately until you brought it to our attention, we had no idea that their was a PAL problem.

Shipping charges are the biggest risk / hassle when buying products from overseas. In some cases the cost of shipping can be higher then the value of the prodcut. This doesn't solve your problem I realize.

Please send me a private email. I will see what is anything we can do. videoguy@cris.com

Gary

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Oct 1, 2003 at 9:28:05 pm

Thanks Gary.
I have sent a PM to you. Did you receive it ?
I ask because all previous emails to support didn't seem to get through to you (and faxes).

Steve W.

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Oct 2, 2003 at 12:44:35 am

OK - have sent the device back today.
What I had asked originally if we can exchange for the Canopus ADVC-100 and pay the difference. My email to you was to ask the necessary process for this to take place. But now I'm not sure if your receiving my communications !

Steve W

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Oct 2, 2003 at 12:49:11 am

Steve,
I got your email. I replied to you. Don't know why you did not get it. I'll check back at the office in the morning (posting from home).

Gary

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Oct 2, 2003 at 4:29:49 am

Thanks Gary,
Appreciate your time, particularly from home.

Wow, must have run over a Chinaman with all these communication problems (old saying, no offence intended).

Now, go sit down and have a Bud.

Regards,

Steve W.

Return to posts index

Steve W
on Oct 15, 2003 at 11:32:59 pm

OK - I now have a product that works. Exchanged for a Canopus ADVC-100. Worked as it should first time.

It came at a cost though. This whole process has ended up costing me 100's of dollars more because of a faulty product & through no fault of mine.
You can rest assure I will never be buying another ADC product again. Their tech support was next to useless.

Videoguys.com lack of communication didn't add to the pleasure either.
For years now I have purchased my computer video gear from Videoguys.com and was always happy with the results, even when problems occured (as they sometime do). But this has left a bitter taste and may now start looking for suppliers more local.
Sorry guys but I feel let down on this one.

SteveW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]