FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Studio Users - Intel P4 is the way to go!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wattersond
Pinnacle Studio Users - Intel P4 is the way to go!
on Jan 13, 2003 at 8:02:59 pm

I originally purchased my Pinnacle Studio Deluxe 7.0 & Capture card last spring. I had an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor and a motherboard with a VIA chipset. I took the time to build a PC with all the right stuff to do videos. From day one, I experienced problem after problem with working with the Studio product. I downloaded patches from Pinnacle, flashed my Bios, updated my operating system with all the patches, etc.... Nothing seemed to work.

THEN, I trashed my motherboard and processor for an ASUS P4PE motherboard and an Intel P4 2.4Ghz Northwood processor. EVERYTHING WORKS FANTASTIC!!! The new motherboard is based on an Intel 845PE chipset and it has made a world of difference. I no longer have to render projects 3 or 4 times to finally get a finished product without lockups.

I read this on another post and so I don't want the credit, but I think it says it all:

Know VIA - No Peace
No VIA - Know Peace

I hope this helps anyone looking to build or upgrade a system for use in video editing.

Return to posts index

dgreen
Re: Pinnacle Studio Users - Intel P4 is the way to
on Jan 30, 2003 at 8:10:34 pm

Are you me?

I had the SAME experience, did the same thing, got the same results. The only difference is I had a 1600 Athlon.

I heartily echo.

Return to posts index

fsbjr
Re: Pinnacle Studio Users - Intel P4 is the way to
on Mar 28, 2003 at 11:08:05 pm

I,too,am the proud user of an Asus P4PE.I built this system to overcome audio synch problems in Studio 7.Was trying to use HP PAV 9870 running Win 2K(a no-no according to HP)Even P4 is not good enough especially if it is in a HP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]