FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very basic help needed here.......please

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
digitaldot
Very basic help needed here.......please
on Jan 7, 2003 at 4:05:46 pm

Have analog footage want to convert to dvd

Have looked at Dell, Gateway, HP, Vaio...computers.

This is not a business....personal footage, but am a retired wedding videographer who did desktop editing in the past, and would like quality results that will last....important footage !!

I picked the Dell 8250...my questions are many.....

should I let them install their proprietary video system

Gary suggested the Pinnacle studio deluxe

Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated......

If I pick another capture card....how do I get it installed...

I will be happy with 120gb hd and the best video card they offer in the system....radeon 9700 pro.

Please keep all help very basic and simple, thank you for any suggestions and words of wisdom...all very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Very basic help needed here.......please
on Jan 7, 2003 at 5:11:59 pm

Hi there
The Dell computers are very nice, I'm sure it will do everything you would like it to do. From what I've been reading from other posts on this site DO NOT get the Dell proprietary video system. I've heard nothing but problems from this card and just about everyone ends up throwing out that card and buying a different one. They can never get it to work properly and spend hours with tech support, with still no help. I would take Gary's suggestion and go with Pinnacle Studio Deluxe or I would just purchase a Pyro Firewire card, it seems to be the card that works for everyone and has the least problems. To install the card you just have to take off the case and pop it into a free PCI slot, put the case back on and your ready to go. It is honestly really easy and there is good documentation on how to do it, although I doubt you'll even need it. The choice is yours about what video card is right for you but I heavily advise you to stay away from the dell video system. Good luck with your computer and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Very basic help needed here.......please
on Jan 8, 2003 at 11:06:12 pm

The Dell Movie Studio Essentials looks like it is just a fire wire card with some software.

The Dell Movie Studio Plus is a fire wire card with and added analog capture device. That device has been the subject of several posts in this forum by dissatisfied users. Whether or not those posts are typical of that device's users is another question.

CompUSA and Best Buy carry the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe and will install it for you.

If you choose to go with the Dell Movie Studio Essentials (or another fire wire card for that matter), you have the option of using one of the analog-to-DV converters, such as the Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge or the Canopus ADVC-100. Installing one is just a matter of plugging it in to the fire wire card plug.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]