FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pyro 1394 Webcam Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crazywolf
Pyro 1394 Webcam Pro
on Jan 2, 2003 at 12:15:59 pm

I am thinking of purchasing the above and wonder if anyone can tell me whether the quality is close to digital video?
PYRO 1394 FireWire PCI Card - The PYRO 1394 Port provides three FireWire ports with blazingly fast throughput at 400 Mbps for the high-bandwidth demands of digital video transfer, CD-ROM, DVD and hard drives, and other 1394 peripherals on the horizon....
This isn't digital video output in the 1394 is it?
Thanks

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Pyro 1394 Webcam Pro
on Jan 13, 2003 at 12:08:24 am

Hi there
because its a webcam the quality won't be as good as a analogue of dv camera, but should be fairly good. Because it is firewire it should be able to capture pretty good quality, but if you are using it to talk to friends online and such remember the quality will only be as good as your internet connection (dial up connections won't allow very good picture but as you go to DSL or up to a T1 connection your video quality will greatly increase). If you are planning to make video's using the webcam, it is possible, but the quality won't be as good as footage from a videocamera, also you will be restricted in your movement as you can't get very far from your computer. If you are planning on making movies I would recommend putting the money towards a cheap DV camera or even a Hi8 cam.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]