FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need some serious opinions from the pros!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
I need some serious opinions from the pros!!
on Dec 28, 2002 at 6:37:18 pm

Ok i have post this subject before but i guess i needed to add some more info. I really need help deciding what type of motherboard and a few other parts i am gonna need for a new editing pc system i am building. As of right now it will be a p4 2.53 with anywhere from 512 to a gig and a half of ram, about a 40 to 60 gig system drive and atleast 2 60 gigs running raid. I only intend on using a a pyro card for capturing footage until later on when i intend on maybe upgrading to a realtime card. I will be running a gforce 4 4200 video card and jst a normal sound blaster live card. I will be getting a dvd burner in the future but i am only gonna have a cd burner for right now. I have a vx2000 sony camcorder and i already have a nice full tower case to put my components in. Does anyone have any suggestions on motherboard type. I know i want 533 fsb on it, but i dont want to spend a gazillion dollars, i am on a tight budget so i am trying to make my penny go as far as it can.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: I need some serious opinions from the pros!!
on Dec 28, 2002 at 9:03:18 pm

Hi there
I use an ASUS P4TE motherboard and love it. It has 6 PCI slots that seemed like alot at the time but are now all filled (I suggest getting a board with as many PCI slots as possible and make sure the board has an AGP slot for your videocard). I run the Matrox RTX100 on it and can't say enough good things about this card! What I would suggest is even though you are not planning on getting a realtime card right now, I would look at the card/cards I'd be interested in and check the supported motherboards and purchase one of those, as it will be a pain in the a$$ to get your system working great and then spend thousands of dollars on a videocard only to find out you have to upgrade your motherboard. Good luck with your computer, please feel free to ask any other questions you have!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Dec 28, 2002 at 9:03:32 pm

Hi there
I use an ASUS P4TE motherboard and love it. It has 6 PCI slots that seemed like alot at the time but are now all filled (I suggest getting a board with as many PCI slots as possible and make sure the board has an AGP slot for your videocard). I run the Matrox RTX100 on it and can't say enough good things about this card! What I would suggest is even though you are not planning on getting a realtime card right now, I would look at the card/cards I'd be interested in and check the supported motherboards and purchase one of those, as it will be a pain in the a$$ to get your system working great and then spend thousands of dollars on a videocard only to find out you have to upgrade your motherboard. Good luck with your computer, please feel free to ask any other questions you have!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Dec 28, 2002 at 9:03:55 pm

Hi there
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 31, 2002 at 9:02:46 am

Yes, plan ahead. I started with a Rainbow Runner, then switched to 1394 with a Pyro, then wanted realtime and bought an RT2000. Now I'm also very happy with my RT.X100, doing realtime DVD.

If you examine the high end boards from Matrox, Canopus, etc., your list of compatible systems will narrow drastically. Pick one of those and you'll be ready to upgrade to a realtime board, when the time comes.

P.S. I'm using an Asus A7M266-D dual Athlon 2100 with my X100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]